Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sci-Fi Thriller

The Gardener
The Gardener
by S.A. Bodeen
R.R. Donnelley and Sons Company, 2010.
232 pages

Following close on the heels of her runaway YA hit novel The Compound, S.A. Bodeen has managed to do it again! She continues to write a taut sci-fi thriller that has technology, genetics, medical ethics, moral issues, and a great story. This page-turner will keep even the most reluctant reader interested. This is a must-read--and would make a great Hollywood movie.

Mason knows there are secrets his mother is keeping from him, but he has no idea how complex the secrets are until the reality explodes in his face. After an accidental encounter with a patient at his mother's workplace, Mason finds himself rescuing the strangely beautiful girl--a girl with no memory and no past. As he gets deeper into the mystery, serious doubts about his own mother's past, including her Master's degree from Duke and her past employment with a large laboratory TroDyn, complicate their own safety.

What Mason finds is unbelievable and will change his life forever. What would you do to save someone?

Highly recommended for all YA collections grades 7 and up.

FTC Required Disclaimer: I purchased this book for my middle school library. I received no monetary compensation for this review.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Pam! I was finally updating my blogs when I saw your comment! I am so glad to know that you are doing book reviews. I have read through several of them and have already found some that I want to read! Great job!

    ReplyDelete