Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

#AMM Connect: MG Contemporary: FAKING IT

I have entered #AMMConnect. 

Hi, I'm (Pamela) Thompson McLeod. I write #MG contemporary. Kyle is an eleven-year old who enters a recipe contest winning a coveted spot on a junior chef show. Just one problem: Kyle can't cook! It's a recipe for disaster unless BFF science nerd Addie and YouTube videos can teach him.


I write to tell stories about characters I've met in life. Kyle and Addie remind me of so many middle school kids I've known in the library!

I'd love to be a great mentee and learn more about writing and story pacing. I consider all feedback and stand up for my story when I feel it needs to stay the same. I'd love to work with my mentor and become writing pals going forward. So much writing is quiet, introverted time that writers need a circle of like friends. I know FAKING IT resonates with  beta readers and CPs I've been lucky enough to find and feel very close to finding an agent. FAKING IT is a Readers' Favourite in the Write Mentor Children's Writing Awards 2019. With a mentor's help and guidance, this story will be the best it can be! #ownvoices for weight issues; #STEM for cooking and molecular gastronomy.

Three of Kyle's recipes are included in the last pages of the book. In fact, Kyle's entry for Grown Up Grilled Cheese is a recipe I created and entered in an online contest. Like Kyle, I NEVER cooked my recipe and yet it won! I've become addicted to entering contests with recipes I create on paper but never cook; I've placed in three contests using my strange method, lol. I share Kyle's addiction for cooking shows and molecular gastronomy.

There is a page of YouTube Molecular Gastronomy channels approved by Addie and Kyle as well.

As a career librarian, I see precocious, genius kids like Kyle and Addie in their natural habitat on a daily basis.

Once again, here's Kyle's and my recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment