Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Losing the Light

                        This is a poem/song lyrics I wrote for an entry in Fall Writing Frenzy 2020 


Entrants were asked to choose an image and write a piece about that image. This is the image that inspired my writing:








                                                                Losing the Light


                                        --Thompson McLeod



Running scared, running fast

Path to nowhere, stepping into the past

Not giving up, not giving in

Absolution for my sins

Running fast, running scared

Only one thought, only one prayer.


Let me be the answer you see

Let me be the road to the free

Let me be what you seek: your key

Let me be your shining star, your burning sun, your turbulent sea


Losing the fight

This is the path to nowhere

Trying to make it right

Let me be the reason you care


Running fast, running scared

Not giving in, casting out sin

With only one prayer:

Let me be the answer you see

Let me be the road to the free

Let me be what you seek: your key

Let me be your star, your sun, your sparkling sea.


Losing the light, 

I know this path leads to somewhere

Don’t stop, put in the fight

Wait for me, I’ll be there

I need your light

This is the road to somewhere

Wait for me to make it right.


                                And this is my badge of honor:


                                        



3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this and seeing the change from the path to nowhere to the road to somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool and original to write an entry as song lyrics. I can totally hear this as a a duet, one singer answering the other, offering hope and encouragement, and then the two voices uniting as one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this inspirational poem/song with us for the Fall Writing Frenzy! Sincerely, Kaitlyn Sanchez

    ReplyDelete