Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Picture Book Pick: Only My Dog Knows I Pick My Nose


Only My Dog Knows I Pick My Nose

By Lauren Tarshis

Illustrated by Lisa Bronson Mezoff

Orchard Books

Scholastic

2021

48 pages

ISBN: 97813 38 680 2 5 6


A young boy and his best friend, his dog, go everywhere together. When he's a good boy who eats his vegetables, plays with his sister, and goes right to sleep anyone can see he's always a good boy. Only it sometimes he doesn't go right to sleep. Sometimes he doesn't follow all the rules. Sometimes he burps very loudly and sometimes he picks his nose, but only his dog knows that.


Only My Dog Knows I Pick My Nose is a love letter to every childhood pet. Pets love us no matter what. Dogs accept strange human behavior and this dog not only accepts it, he seems to expect it. What a charming picture book! Brilliantly titled for toddlers, the marketing team deserves kudos.


Highly, highly recommended for every young reader and a welcome bedtime story to put in the nightly rotation.   


No comments:

Post a Comment